"Your Opportunity to Make a Difference"
- Working for a leading service provider of disability services
- A family friendly workplace
- An attractive and supportive work environment
- An opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge
We are currently looking for casual Community Support Workers with a great sense of humour to support people with disabilities with domestic assistance, recreation and inclusion on a part time and casual basis.
About the Role...........
Our Community Support Workers work both individually but also as part of a team and are sensitive, diplomatic, patient, remain calm under pressure, can use their initiative and work independently but most importantly have a good sense of humour.
You are expected to maintain high ethical standards at all times in their dealings with people with disabilities, families, colleagues, members of the community and other stakeholder organisations.
On occasions this role may be required to support individuals on weekends or during the evening.
Do you get excited about providing exceptional customer service?
Do you have a strong commitment to building inclusive communities?
You walk the walk not just talk the talk when it comes to being person centred!
ConnectAbility Australia has provided community based supports for people with a disability for over 25 years and we are now looking at the exciting opportunity for the expansion of support services to meet the growing demand of current customers with community supports, recreation and inclusion, domestic assistance, supported independent living and living skills training.
About You.... "What We're Looking For"..........
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Disability, Community Services, Individual Support, Education, Leisure and Recreation, or related qualifications.
- Have experience working with people with disabilities particularly in dealing with complex healthcare and behaviour support needs
- A current criminal record check dated within the last 6 months
- A current working with children check for paid employment
- A current first aid certificate
- A current drivers licence
- Completion of the NDIS Worker Orientation Module
- Access to a reliable and comprehensively insured vehicle which you are prepared to use for work purposes
- Access to a smartphone which you are prepared to use for work purposes
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to be flexible and committed to working shifts in our Community Support team
- Have a can-do attitude, high level of motivation and energetic approach
- A high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Are responsive to the needs of people being supported
- Have fun – with provision of supports to people within their home and/or in the community
- Commitment to observing and implementing WH&S requirements
If you are a fun loving community minded Support Worker ready to make a difference in peoples lives, then we would like to hear from you.
Applications not submitted online will not be considered
ConnectAbility is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from people
of all backgrounds and abilities.