"Your Opportunity to Make a Difference"
- Are you passionate about caring for others?
- Do you have experience in aged care case management?
- Are you an aspiring or experienced leader with ‘business nous’?
- Are you looking for a positive team culture?
Founded in 1992, ConnectAbility Australia has proudly provided a broad range of personalised supports for older community members through our Aged Care Senior Solutions team, to children and young people through youth and family counselling and a range of services for people with disabilities, throughout Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens, Maitland, other Lower Hunter local government areas and on the Central Coast.
As a recognised leader and in support of high-quality service delivery, we now have the opportunity for a highly motivated Operations Lead to join our team.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to step into this role where ‘hands on’ work is required to assess and review customers whilst also overseeing a team which includes support workers and administrative support.
It is important to us that you can demonstrate your head for business/financial management and a genuine customer focus. You will also directly engage with customers to assess, plan, monitor and evaluate their needs for service and to ensure caseloads are managed appropriately. You can see that this ensures that you deliver exceptional results for our customers while contributing to business viability.
This role will manage a portfolio of customers across the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens and Central Coast areas, and include:
- Provide high quality, values-based customer service.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a small team of support workers.
- Conduct person-centered assessments.
- Create Individual Care Plans based on the persons goals, individual strengths with choice and flexibility.
- Manage individual budgets, achieve required program outputs and outcomes.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and changes to legislation.
- Maintain documentation that meets legal requirements, policies and procedures.
- Relevant diploma or degree in Health Science, Nursing, Community Care or related fields.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with Home Care Packages.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, together with negotiation liaison and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to demonstrate experienced leadership skills and working effectively as part of a team, including ability to direct, guide and motive staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply contemporary case management principles and ethical practices and decision making, to a diverse case load with advanced skills in the assessment of complex consumers.
- Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and accurate budgets and outputs in a high volume environment and strict budgetary conditions.
- Sound knowledge and experience working with senior people from an enablement, wellness and restorative perspective.
- Demonstrate a professional, confident and meticulous approach to understanding customers' needs and ensuring positive outcomes.
- High level of computer literacy and relevant systems experience.
- Reliable motor vehicle with valid registration and full comprehensive insurance.
- The successful candidate will be willing to obtain a Criminal Record Check, First Aid Certificate and driver’s license.
- Salary packaging up to $15,990 per annum.
- Wellbeing program including annual flu vaccination.
- Comprehensive training program.
The closing date for this position is 5th February 2023 however we reserve the right to commence shortlisting and interviews prior to the closing date.
ConnectAbility is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Anastasia Heffernan on (02) 4962 1000.